Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, Ecstasy, and Phencyclidine
HairConfirm Express is a multi-drug hair follicle test to detect 7 of the most popular drugs of abuse up to 90 days prior. With this simple at-home hair collection kit, the procedure is easy: the collector has to take a hair sample, completely fill out the Custody and Control Form, and mail it all to the laboratory for analysis using the pre-paid
Overnight Shipping envelope provided. After a few days, log on to a secure website to obtain your results. No need to worry, no personal information is required when performing this test.
Each test kit includes:
- 1 easy to read instruction booklet (please read carefully before taking hair sample)
- 1 hair specimen transport foil piece
- 1 specimen ID card
- 1 hair specimen envelope
- 1 clear pouch
- 1 prepaid Overnight Shipping envelope (within the U.S.A. only)
Some advantage of using this hair follicle test include:
- 100% confidentiality
- Detailed analysis of drug history including assessment to identify whether the user is a low (occasional), medium (weekend/daily), or high (constant) user, excluding marijuana.
- Accredited Laboratory – Your sample will be tested using Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) before it is reviewed and approved by Ph.D. staff scientists at a lab that is both CLIA and ISO Certified.
- Results are available online in approximately 2-3 business days.
If you are a parent, using a hair drug test could prevent your children from becoming an abuser. Many parents and guardians are getting more concerned with the possibility of their children using drugs and are adopting new test methods such as the HairConfirm Express testing kit that offers a 90 day hair analysis. By doing a hair test for drugs, it can reduce the risks of drug abuse on a regular basis.
Why should you use the hair follicle test method?
- It’s almost impossible to cheat (the next best thing to a blood test)
- You can detect around 90 days back (depending on head or body sample)
- Users can’t use a special shampoo to taint it
- No false positives (if the person gives the excuse of second-hand smoke)
HairConfirm Express can detect multiple uses over time, which is very useful information when compared to standard urine testing which can detect a single use. Although, there are some factors that may affect how far back a hair drug test can detect. Hair from the body seems to give a longer time than from the head when using a hair test for drugs. Metabolism plays a big part as well as the type of drugs consumed, the amount of drugs ingested, and their potency. And let’s not forget the frequency of use as well. With all these factors in mind and depending on the person, drugs can stay in a hair follicle up to 4 months, on average.
Although they tend to grow at the same rate, the actual differences between head and body hair are that a sample from the body tends to stop growing at a shorter length. Although using that type of specimen with a hair test for drugs would give you the possibility of going back farther than 90 days while head hair can give you up to 90 days. In both head and body, new hair replaces dormant strands and pushes them out. When new hair grows, it takes with it any evidence of drug usage. When a hair strand is not growing (otherwise dormant), that particular sample will stop showing any new evidence of drug usage. Should that be the case, it would be advised to gather a fresh sample to re-submit the hair drug test.